The following are Ocean House Marina’s guidelines that will be in effect in the event that Coastal Rhode Island is included in a projected path of a hurricane or tropical storm. These guidelines wil enable us to service as many customers as possible.
- All boat owner’s whose boats are located outside of Ninigret pond, must notify us a minimum of 72 hours prior to possible landfall.
- All boat owner’s whose boats are located outside of Ninigret pond, must notify us a minimum of 48 hours prior to possible landfall.
- Boats will be hauled on a first come/first serve basis.
- Boats docked at Ocean House Marina will be hauled at owners expense in the event a Hurricane Watch is issued for the area.
- It is the responsibility of the boat owner to call and give directions for hauling their boat.
- Hauling charges is $7.00/ft to haul the boat and $7.00/ft to re-launch if so desired. Additional charges apply to boats not hauled from Ocean House Marina.
- Customer’s who are not docked at Ocean House, are encouraged to deliver their boat to the marina by water to save time from us traveling to their location.
- Due to time restraints, boats will be stored at the closest storage facility. Ocean House will not be held responsible for boat damages incurred in storage due to storm conditions.Please contact your insurance company for applicable coverage.
- Ocean House Marina will not be responsible for damages in the event we are not able to haul the boat.
When requesting your boat to be hauled,you must give us the following information:
- Location of boat and trailer if applicable.
- Location of key for boat.
- Registration number.
Suggested guideliness for securing your boat in preparation of bad weather.
- Lower antennas.
- Lower,secure or remove all Bimini Tops,& Curtains.
- Check auto blige pump operation.
- Clean deck drains and remove any debris in boat.
- Double up dock lines,check against chaffing.
- Mooring hardware should be double checked and attach a safety line.
If you have any further questions or need to contact out service department please click here!