If you know anything about the Regulator line you know they build a solid V-hull boat that handles heavy seas with ease, and they build a boat with offshore-focused features for the serious deepwater fisherman.
The Regulator 31 fits both bills: a solid, dry ride offering ample storage and features for fishing adventures.
If we were to point out five things we especially like about Regulator’s 31-foot center console, we would offer you the following highlights:
- The Forward Seating and Casting area. At first glance, you see a typical V-shaped seating area to provide plenty of casting space. However, when you start flipping up the cushions and see the hidden storage it becomes clear that the space is well-designed. A forward locker (230 quarts), a floor mounted livewell and locking rod storage space (500 qts), insulated fishbox or dry storage under both port and starboard seats (210 qts each), and an insulated cooler (74 qts) tucked underneath the forward facing console seats. With even more storage spaces in the center console and aft, there’s a place for everything.
- Command and Control Helm. The wraparound windshield, solid T-Top with underside coating, flip-up seats for standing or seated driving, roomy comfort head underneath, and an optional Sureshade extendable shade cover for the stern provide all the creature comforts a Captain could want. Add in the optional Garmin Off-shore electronics package and Helm Master joystick and this boat will be a pleasure to operate.
- Deluxe Tackle Center. Positioned behind the console, this installation provides everything a fisherman needs: flip-up cover reveals a cutting board, sink and storage bay, and plenty of tackle drawers and closets to hold all the gear you could want on-board. Overhead, the rocket launcher rod holders will come in handy when trolling for the big ones.
- Utilitarian Transom. Don’t think twice. There’s plenty of room to move around in the stern. The transom contains both a livewell and a fishbox, plus a flip-down seat for comfortable riding. A wide starboard-side dive door with a collapsible ladder provides great access for swimmers as well as a place to haul in the big tuna you catch! A floor mounted hatch provides plenty of room to access the bilge, in a lighted space.
- Power. The Regulator 31 is equipped with twin Yamaha F300s, which can be hooked up to your Helm Master joystick for easy docking. The engines are placed on an Armstrong mount, which adds to the overall length without taking away passenger space onboard.
There you have it – our favorite features of the 31 Regulator! We expect that you can find many more too! Are you considering this model or comparing it against the 28, 34 or a competitors boat? We invite you to schedule a time to come in and take a look with us. We look forward to working together and getting you set up for your next adventures!