- Ocean House Marina will determine if the prospective seller’s boat fits into the company’s product line.
- Our sales team will review service records that our dealership has on record.
- If the boat has not been serviced by Ocean House Marina within the past year, a $400 survey will be assessed. All consignment boats undergo inspection. The inspection includes the following:
- Record & check all information of boat, motor, trailer, including serial and VIN numbers
- Perform engine survey which includes checking gear oil
- Engine downloads, compression test and overall appearance of motor
- Check all gauge operation, checking all components/switches for proper operation
- Checking all cushions, canvas components for condition
- Checking overall structure of boat and record any defects
- Checking all rigging components, drains, hoses, mounted accessories
- Trailer inspection of tires, bearings, lights and main frame of trailer
- Also includes launching boat and performing sea-trial and record all data
The Ocean House Marina appointed Listing Broker will determine a fair market value for the boat. This is determined using a NADA appraisal & a soldboats.com comparative sales analysis.
Ownership Documentation & Listing Distribution
- Ocean House Marina’s Sales Coordinator will be in touch to collect necessary paperwork. Our Sales Coordinator will also explain our brokerage process in detail.
- A listing agreement will be drafted via YachtCloser (an online brokerage platform) & will be sent to seller(s) for electronic signature(s).
- Upon receipt of a signed listing agreement and all requested documentation, the sales department will take photos of the boat & create a listing. The listing will be visible on the following platforms:
- Ocean House Marina Website
- Social Media Platforms
Reaching a Deal & Boat Closing
- All communications from interested prospects will be directed to Ocean House Marina. Showings will also be conducted by the Ocean House Marina sales team.
- Once a serious offer is extended, the offer will be communicated to the seller for negotiation or acceptance.
- When an agreement is reached, Ocean House Marina will complete and process all closing paperwork. A formal closing will be provided for the seller. At this point, the seller will be required to sign a bill of sale & the back of the title(s) to process registration/transfer ownership.
Proceeds will be disbursed to the seller within 2-3 days of Ocean House Marina receiving the funds in full.